Door & Hardware Spotlight: Beverly Modern Barn Door + Metro Barn Door Pull Handle
Sliding barn doors are an excellent way to add definition and style to a room, but how do you add these functional pieces of art to a modern space? With the clean lines, glass, and stainless steel found in the Beverly and the Metro.
The Beverly Modern Barn Door
Barn doors typically carry a vintage, rustic charm, but the Beverly combines all the elements of modern design. Simple, crisp lines, a clean face, natural materials, and a touch of glass. This sliding barn door is minimalist and unadorned and has a sense of openness that contributes to the signature light and airy feeling of modern spaces.Specifications and Sizing
These BarnCraft premium doors feature a plywood core topped with American birch and edges capped with clear hardwood. The fine wood comes unfinished or with a traditional, distressed, or antique finish.
The glass panels are single-glazed, individual pieces and tempered for safety. With six different glass texture styles, this door can be a living room option or a bathroom door. Add the privacy lock and soft close options for greater versatility.
The Metro Barn Door Handles
The Metro is an elegant barn door handle made of real stainless steel with a matte finish. It comes in a variety of lengths up to 60 inches and is ¾ inches in diameter. Pair with the BarnCraft stainless steel barn door hardware kit for added modern aesthetic.
How to Install the Beverly Modern Barn Door
The Beverly Modern Barn Door comes fully assembled, so the first step is to install your hardware kit.
- Stud finder
- Tape measure
- Speed Square
- Lay the door flat and position the wheel mounts on the top of the door around 3 inches from the top corners.
- Mark the area with your pencil. Then drill holes for each mount and attach the wheel mounts to the door with the screws provided.
- Use your stud finder to locate the studs above the door frame. Mark their location.
- Place your track on the wall and match it with the studs and the doorframe. Make sure they line up and use your level to make sure the track is straight. Mark the location for drilling.
- Drill the holes and attach the track to the wall with the screws in the kit. Install the stoppers to the ends of the track.
- Lift the door with its attached wheel mounts to the track and align the wheels. Carefully lower it onto the track and slide it back and forth.
- Allow the door to hang straight and make sure it’s secure.
How to Install the Metro Barn Door Handle
Next, install your Metro stainless steel barn door handle using the same tools.
- Find the height for your door handle. A comfortable height is around the hip area and not more than 48 inches from the finished floor.
- Measure about three to four inches in from the edge of the door and mark the location for the handle base. Test its location and height and adjust as needed.
- Mark the screw holes and use your level to make sure the handle is straight.
- Gently drill the screws into the door and install the handle. Use your level to make sure the bottom lines up with the top.
The Beverly + the Metro make a beautiful combination for a modern space. Contact us to learn how to add these to your home.